A “COLEEN Army” troll tried to blackmail Rebekah Vardy over alleged sex tapes of husband Jamie amid the Wagatha Christie row, court papers say.
The mum-of-five claims the fallout from Coleen Rooney accusing her of leaking stories led to a barrage of abuse.
In her court documents – filed previously – Rebekah says she was approached by an anonymous troll from “Coleen’s Army” claiming it was “payback time”.
The papers say the poster alleged to have “nudes and sex videos” and “evidence of Jamie’s infidelity”.
It read: “This is very serious and if this leaks out there, it will be the end of you and Jamie.
“Just one thing – send 2.5 bitcoin (BTC) TODAY to this bitcoin wallet address…
“If I do not hear from you by this time tomorrow I will leak online and anonymously forward this evidence to the media. Waiting…”
The court papers say Rebekah spoke to the police about the “abuse, hostility and ridicule” she suffered.
There is nothing to suggest any of the claims about a sex tape were true or that the troll was associated with Coleen or her fans.
Also, there is no suggestion Jamie was unfaithful to Rebekah.
Rebekah also detailed the abuse she received online following the explosive claims.
This included trolls joking she was the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance and people saying they hoped her unborn baby died.
In the infamous post, Coleen, 34, said she posted a string of false stories via her Instagram account with restricted access to see if they appeared in the media, which they did.
She then said the fake stories had only been viewed by one person, and ended dramatically: “It’s . . . Rebekah Vardy’s account.”
Jamie Vardy’s wife Rebekah, who was heavily pregnant at the time, denied the allegations and claimed several people had access to her account.
Lawyers today went head-to-head today in the first High Court hearing ahead of a libel trial next year.
They have agreed to meet for one final attempt to resolve the case and avoid a £1million blockbuster battle played out to the world.
The court was told the offer of a stay until February 8 came from Rebekah, who brought the libel case in the first place.
But Coleen’s lawyer says she tried countless times to speak with Rebekah to avoid a trial and believes it never should have gone to court.
Coleen had reportedly wanted to avoid going to court, but after her legal team filed a 55-page document last month it indicated the showdown would go ahead.
The papers show she stands by the accusations made on social media that Rebekah leaked stories about her to journalists.
She claims Rebekah had an “established history and habitual practice of providing private information to journalists and the press”.
But Rebekah says in her written claim she “suffered extreme distress, hurt, anxiety and embarrassment as a result of the publication of the post and the events which followed”.
PE teacher struck off for getting drunk and flashing boobs at pupils’ prom
Hunt for missing Coatbridge lad who banged head and was ‘acting out of character’
Scots may face January lockdown after Xmas if FM follows Four Nations approach
Scots council launch probe after hardcore porn shared by school Twitter account
Baubles & Bubbles
Scots could be placed in Christmas ‘bubbles’ to allow mixing with family
Scotland’s vaccine plan to be revealed today – including who’ll get jab first
The Wag also claimed she worried she would lose her baby and says she “continues to suffer severe and extreme hostility and abuse as a result of the post”.
All the stories which were subsequently printed in The Sun were put to Coleen’s reps for comment prior to publication.
The libel case at the High Court is due to take place next year.